Monday, March 28, 2011

Dead is the New Alive!

The ever-fabulous Emilie Autmn said it first: "Dead is the New Alive". But today, I'm not talking about the seemingly beautiful and eloquent obsession with death that humans seem to navigate towards in prose and poetry and such.

I'm talking about zombies.

That's right.

ZOMBIES.


note: not all zombies are sexy. just these ones.



Zombies are... everywhere. It seems like everywhere I turn a new video game, movie or something undead sticks it's hands out of a grave.

Now, I know that if somewhere, somehow, in some strange turn of events there happened to be a zombie apocalpyse... I wouldn't like them so much. I also probably wouldn't survive. But as it stands, the living are living and the dead are dead and life is a one way street. Dead people are not going to start eating the living any time soon.

But, I have to admit, zombie movies are my guilty pleasure. I recently finished season one of The Walking Dead (and what a season!) and am now making my way through all of my favourite zombie movies with my boyfriend.

You think the fashion industry would start to notice this trend! Gaga did, of course, and brought in Rico Genest a.k.a Zombie Boy (who is from my hometown & went to my high school!) to her video Born This Way. But still, the lack of zombies in fashion and couture is kind of surprising.


So, I decided to take it upon myself to create a few looks that are zombie-outbreak friendly! Just because the world is going to hell, doesn't mean you can't look fabulous!


Outfits to Die for!
zombie dreams.

This look will make alive people want to eat you up, too!




Pants are always better when it comes to zombies. Less acess to skin = les bites.
Turn heads without turning into a zombie!



This look is perfect for those take-action girls. Complete with (matching & fabulous) pink gun!


Also, check out this really cute Zombie Apocalypse nail tutorial by the inspiring definatalie~!


Now it's your turn! What would you wear in the case of a zombie outbreak?
Leave a link in the comments and I'll post it up here.


That's all for my little morbid-spree. I promise, less blood-filled posts are on their way!~

(but, before I go, here's my little parting gift to all of you!)


xx,
letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment